On-site staffing services
It is difficult to predict how many permanent staff you need to manage your organisation’s subscriptions. In investment banks, for example, expenditure and new requests are closely linked to the strength of the financial markets, but are also very seasonal in nature. Therefore the challenge for modern BIS departments is to retain both the talent to manage complex contracts and demanding internal customer demands, whilst at the same time have the flexibility to keep permanent headcount as low as possible.
The answer is insourcing – a similar model to outsourcing, but having a dedicated resource from Prenax working on-site at the client. Peaks in workload are absorbed by the Prenax office-based staff. The benefits of this model are:
- Costs remain variable and therefore flexible enough to be quickly adapted to changing market conditions
- All the publisher and supplier relationships, including specially-negotiated site licenses and bulk deals, are handled by Prenax
- We work within the client’s operation and therefore understand exactly what is required in order to satisfy internal clients
- Prenax’s publisher relationships are utilised by the client, and
- All expenditure across the whole of the client’s organisation can be controlled through one source – providing opportunities for cost-control and excellent management information provision.